Glenn R. Reiser is a graduate of Seton Hall University School of Law, and University of Maryland at College Park. Admitted to the New Jersey Bar in 1990, Mr. represents businesses and individuals in federal court proceedings conducted before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey.
In addition to direct representation, Mr. Reiser also serves as local counsel to out-of-state lawyers and clients in both federal and bankruptcy court proceedings. In serving as local counsel, Mr. Reiser will assist in electronically filing pleadings and motions, attending court hearings, sponsoring out-of-state attorneys pro hac vice admission, issuing and serving subpeonas, attending depositions, and ensuring that local practice and procedures are adhered to.
Federal court is a unique practice that requires extensive knowledge of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Local Court Rules, and federal law including the bases for establishing subject matter jurisdiction. For the past 27 years Mr. Reiser has assisted clients in navigating the complex federal court system in a variety of matters. Among the types of cases that Mr. Reiser handles in federal court include:
- Appellate Practice
- Breach of Contract
- Business Disputes
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcies
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcies
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcies
- Claw Back Claims: Defending businesses against claw back claims filed by bankruptcy trustees and creditors' committees in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases
- Commercial Litigation
- Debt Collection
- Employment Covenants: Enforcement of restrictive employment covenants
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Internet Related Disputes: Website infringement, trademark infringement, unfair competition
- Local Counsel Representation
- Partnership Disputes
Contact Mr. Reiser today to discuss your federal or bankruptcy court case.